Each week as we approach our church, we pass a German business. In front of the building, they have two very large pieces of the Berlin Wall standing as a monument to what Germany has overcome. For me, they remind me to forgive and to be thankful for the forgiveness I've been given. I wasn't there in Germany back in the late 80's and early 90's and have no way to know, but I'd surmise that there had to be a lot of mending of relationships and changing of lives in those first days, weeks, and months after that horrid wall was torn down. There had to be forgiveness and a development of a new lifestyle. In much the same way, we are called to forgive each other, to turn from our own ways and to live a new lifestyle in Christ.
Matthew 6:14-15
"In prayer there is a connection between what God does and what you do. You can't get forgiveness from God, for instance, without also forgiving others. If you refuse to do your part, you cut yourself off from God's part." (The Message)
Very cool. I can't believe they had those pieces shipped to the States. Reminds me of my recent time in Berlin! =)
ReplyDeleteSo cool.
ReplyDelete